Before the Pagaent started, we took a walk through the Sacred Grove.

We really love living so close to Palmyra and its history and my favorite place is the Sacred Grove. I always feel at peace when I am here and love to see the light through the trees. Saturday was such a HUMID day that everything felt green and thick and the grove seemed even more quiet than usual.

We really love living so close to Palmyra and its history and my favorite place is the Sacred Grove. I always feel at peace when I am here and love to see the light through the trees. Saturday was such a HUMID day that everything felt green and thick and the grove seemed even more quiet than usual.

Except for the outburst of my 2 year old who was upset that he was not eating ice cream.
While driving to Palmyra, we told Jack we would get ice cream at my favorite ice cream place. He fell asleep in the car so Ryan and I got ice cream and took a drive through some of the small towns so Jack could get a longer nap. When Jack woke up at the Sacred Grove for our walk he had not forgotten the ice cream promise and repeatedly asked for ice cream. Fortunately, he got ice cream right after our visit to the Sacred Grove.
Here's a picture of Addy enjoying her toes while waiting for Pagaent to start.
Note: I recommend taking your own camp chairs and blankets and sitting on the back lawn and not on the hard chairs that are set up. This is the first time we've watched the show from our own comfortable chairs and I enjoyed the show much more. Addy and I even laid down on the blanket and were really comfortable.


The Jensen Family
Our friends are in Pagaent this year and it was really fun to see them in full costume and have them describe their scenes so we could look for them. We saw Blaine's arm hanging over the edge after he was killed in one of the Nephite/Lamanite battles just like he described.
(sorry the picture with Blaine and Kyle is blurry.)


This is a picture of my favorite scene (Click on them to make them bigger). It depicts the Savior's appearance to the people on this continent after His resurrection in Third Nephi in the Book of Mormon.
Note: I recommend taking your own camp chairs and blankets and sitting on the back lawn and not on the hard chairs that are set up. This is the first time we've watched the show from our own comfortable chairs and I enjoyed the show much more. Addy and I even laid down on the blanket and were really comfortable.


The Jensen Family
Our friends are in Pagaent this year and it was really fun to see them in full costume and have them describe their scenes so we could look for them. We saw Blaine's arm hanging over the edge after he was killed in one of the Nephite/Lamanite battles just like he described.
(sorry the picture with Blaine and Kyle is blurry.)


This is a picture of my favorite scene (Click on them to make them bigger). It depicts the Savior's appearance to the people on this continent after His resurrection in Third Nephi in the Book of Mormon.




7 comments:
I'd be sad too if I missed out on the ice cream.
Very fun to see pics of the jensens.
I loved seeing the Jensens. Thanks for sharing.
When Tyler was 2 and we took him to the Sacred Grove all he remembered was all the mosquitoes!
I guess we need to try our own chairs this year
The Jensens looks so great. Good move on the chairs. We would always sit on our own blankets at the very back. More comfortable with an easy escape. Scott always wanted to beat the traffic. What a man!!
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for reminding us of all the beautiful things we could experience when we lived there.
We looked for you at the pageant on Sat, but (obviously) didn't find you. It was a really amazing show!
Great pictures!!!
I always sit in the back on the grass for Pageant! My friends always thought I was crazy, but you really do get the best view of the whole picture. And seriously, those green seats are so uncomfortable!
Post a Comment