Monday, November 8, 2010

Blessed Day

Saturday was a day full of family and friends coming together to celebrate Baby Ella.


It is tradition in the Mormon Church to give a child and name and a blessing.
We decided to bless her in our home instead of at church.
Something,I now wish, I had done with all of our children.

I got a little teary-eyed when I looked at the circle of family and friends gathered to help Ryan perform the blessing.
Family of Five.

Ella wore a dress made by her Grandma Peggy with cute pink shoes from Grandma Shirlene and was wrapped in a blanket made by her only living great-grandparent, Great Grandma Matthews.

Ryan's sister Stephanie, brothers-in-law Mike and Jay and his mom, Shirlene, all joined us for the weekend.
Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Jim were able to stay to participate too.

Dad and Daughter.

8 comments:

Joanna said...

She is beautiful!

gma parry said...

Thanks for a wonderful weekend besides the other four weeks I was able to be with you. What a super 5 your family is!!!

carla said...

amy, your babies are soooo beautiful!! you have such a lovely family.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you know how cute she is, but it just has to be said. She is so dang cute!!!! Wish I could've been there. -Dori

Anna said...

When the men got into the circle, that was a really nice moment. Thanks for inviting us. Everything about it was beautiful.

Lue said...

What a great blessing day. And I can see the valences in the background! Nice. :)

The Cecil Clan said...

Awww, those pictures are so sweet. She is adorable and looks just like her older siblings!

nvandermeid said...

Beautiful! What a great way to celebrate.