Earlier this year I had a brilliant idea for Addy's birthday party. I knew that we would be getting our house ready to sell and would be busy with homeschooling so I thought a stress-free party at The Little Gym would be perfect. Addy loves The Little Gym and would have a great time with her friends. What I did not plan for was the awful stomach bug that hit our family 2 weeks ago that really took the wind out of Addy's sails. She is still napping daily and is easily fatigued.
She anxiously anticipated her birthday party but woke up that morning
complaining of feeling tired. She took a two hour nap in the morning and
was happy and excited when she woke up to get ready for her party. She
chose a new peacock shirt and pink cheetah leggings to wear with her
light up shoes. She was ready!
She started out all smiles with her friends.
This is how I like to remember her at the party.
They played games with Mr. Ythan.
Her friends "smashed the pizza". It was really fun to see all of the kids run and slam into the mat.
They jumped on the air trampoline and then helped to deflate it.
They tried out all of the gymnastics equipment.
Addy loves her gymnastics class and the bars are her favorite.
And then this happened. She became very upset when I went to light the candle on her cupcake. She said it was not really her birthday and so we could not sing. She was so upset. Then she perked up for the pinata, only to be sad that it was broken. She was unwilling to say good-bye to her sweet friends and cried and cried. She fell asleep on the way home and she did not want to talk about the party the rest of the day. Today she was finally up to opening her presents from her friends. She has yet to eat a cupcake that I made for her party. We'll see how her REAL birthday goes tomorrow. We are so glad for good friends who came to celebrate with Addy and were gracious in their good-byes as Addy melted down.



No comments:
Post a Comment