We miss them.
I think that my reason for not posting about their visit is because then I really have to face the fact that they went home with no return plane tickets for their next visit.
Grandpa helped finish many projects around the house. Our Ghetto Back Door is now without the large hole, we have shelves in our basement for food storage (that is a whole entire post in and of itself), we finally changed our ceiling fan with the one we had stored in our basement since we moved here, he sanded and rehung all the doors so that they close. We can now close and lock the bathroom door and my closet now has a door knob and can now be shut to hide the mess of clothes. Grandpa let Jack help with the projects.

Grandpa was so amazed as Jack's abundant energy and Adeline's sweet smile.
"More Grandpa*" came with lots of craft ideas, parenting tips and advice, reassurance that we are good parents, organization and cleaning skills and lots of fun time to spend together. Did I mention that I did not do a single load of laundry for the entire 3 weeks she was staying at my house? I was really spoiled.
I had adults to talk to while Ryan was away working long hours and Ryan had no honey-do list when he got home because my Dad got it all done.
We're still waiting to hear when they plan to visit again. Is next week too soon?
Thanks for all the fun and love!
*The whole time my parents were visiting, Jack prayed for Grandpa and More Grandpa each night. We just figured he was just really thankful for Grandpa, until we were singing a name song together after family night. We were pointing and singing names and Jack pointed to my mom and said, "More Grandpa". Suddenly it all made sense. My mom was "More Grandpa" to Jack. We think it is a good thing.
I think that my reason for not posting about their visit is because then I really have to face the fact that they went home with no return plane tickets for their next visit.
Grandpa helped finish many projects around the house. Our Ghetto Back Door is now without the large hole, we have shelves in our basement for food storage (that is a whole entire post in and of itself), we finally changed our ceiling fan with the one we had stored in our basement since we moved here, he sanded and rehung all the doors so that they close. We can now close and lock the bathroom door and my closet now has a door knob and can now be shut to hide the mess of clothes. Grandpa let Jack help with the projects.

Grandpa was so amazed as Jack's abundant energy and Adeline's sweet smile.
"More Grandpa*" came with lots of craft ideas, parenting tips and advice, reassurance that we are good parents, organization and cleaning skills and lots of fun time to spend together. Did I mention that I did not do a single load of laundry for the entire 3 weeks she was staying at my house? I was really spoiled.
I had adults to talk to while Ryan was away working long hours and Ryan had no honey-do list when he got home because my Dad got it all done.
We're still waiting to hear when they plan to visit again. Is next week too soon?
Thanks for all the fun and love!*The whole time my parents were visiting, Jack prayed for Grandpa and More Grandpa each night. We just figured he was just really thankful for Grandpa, until we were singing a name song together after family night. We were pointing and singing names and Jack pointed to my mom and said, "More Grandpa". Suddenly it all made sense. My mom was "More Grandpa" to Jack. We think it is a good thing.




3 comments:
More Grandpa...very cute.
No laundry for three weeks really? I am JEALOUS!I love "more grandpa" that is very sweet. I am jealous reading the post.(wait did I already say that?) I need someone to come and fix all my little things. I can't wait to see your shelves because I need ideas for our basement and food storage.
Thanks for the happy reminders of our visit. I don't know where my bruises come from either. We love you!
Post a Comment