Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Smell It

Magnolias in Highland Park were in bloom two weeks ago. We love to smell them!
Some day I will have a magnolia tree or two of my very own. Ryan promises.

Jack loves to ask us to smell things. He says, "Smwell it" to everything from his breakfast cereal to the dirt outside. I love it when he smells his dinner and says, "Mmmm, smells delicious."


Jack got a new backhoe and bulldozer for his birthday. They are true to life with stabilizers and moving boom an d buckets and blades. He loves them and uses them to move sand, dirt, cereal, blocks or whatever else he can think of to move around. He is much more willing to help clean up if I ask Jack to be a crane or an excavator and load the toys in their baskets.
Addy enjoying the warm weather with walking in the grass.

5 comments:

k1 said...

I had never seen magnolias until we moved here. They are so beautiful. I will be sad if we end up living somewhere they can't grow.

Unless we live on the beach on a tropical island. Then it might be okay.

Anna said...

She looks so cute in that outfit.

CatherineWO said...

I agree with Jack. Magnolias are scrumptuous. There was a big magnolia tree in the courtyard of my junior high school, a favorite place to hang out during lunch time.

Stephanie said...

I miss the Lilac Festival!

The Cecil Clan said...

Ahhh, I'm so jealous - spring in New York! Must be amazing!