Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Riding the Maid of the Mist*

6 weeks ago, (yep, we're talking April) two of my dear friends from Australia came to stay with me. We were their first stop in a whirlwind tour of the United States. I was so happy to spend time with them and can't wait until we see them again.
Amy and Cheryl

Cheryl and I did the crossword puzzle every day while we made dinner when I got home from work. Living with the Campbell family during my 4 months in Australia was a great time. Cheryl's husband, Neil, refers to it as the time he had two wives. He knew that I would always take Cheryl's side so he had to debate us both.

Cheryl and Tamara.

Tamara was 11 years old when she gave up her room for me to live in for 4 months.

Addy's first time seeing the falls.
*we tried but the Maid of the Mist was still dry docked for the winter. They also missed the tours in Palymra because we arrived just as the sites closed at 6 p.m. (Who knew they closed so early?) So they got my version of the tour that I have taken too many times to count and got to take pictures in the Sacred Grove and in front of the Temple Gates.


2 comments:

Anna said...

Very cool that they could come and stay with you. Can you talk The Man into Australia?

Henderson said...

I love that you can do the tours from memory. The site sisters would be pleased. :)