Monday, June 22, 2009

Vacation- Day 1



After waking early, flying across the country and eating at our traditional Crown Burger on North Temple (There were other people from our flight there too. We had to laugh), we made it to Ann's house with time to play and iron clothes for Emmy's Baptism.

I can't believe Emmy is already 8 and that Riley will be a senior in high school. We were so happy to be part of this special day. Our little kids made it fun too. Jack started to take off his shoes because he wanted to get into the "pool" with Emmy.

Before heading up to Logan to see Ryan's family, we let Jack take a quick dip in the pool with Hayden. As you can see, Jack is fond of swimming and Hayden. We left the Parry/Greenwood clan with a taste of what was to come at the family reunion the next weekend and headed North.

We stopped in Brigham City to pick up dinner from Maddox and had a picnic with the grandparents. It was tradition to stop in the Brigham City Cemetery to visit the graves of my great grandparents on our way to Bear Lake and now we stop to see my grandparents too. And Ryan has a set of grandparents, a great- grandmother and an uncle buried just a stone's throw from my family.
Adeline's middle name comes from her Great-Great Grandmother Valborg Henriette Louise Rasmussen Wheelwright who is buried here. I hope she will have her independent, determined spirit.
Addy would have melted Grandpa Max's heart and I am pretty sure that Grandma Ann would laugh at Jack's antics and tell me that I was in for it. I was blessed with the opportunity to help care for my grandmother in the last few months/weeks of her life. The middle of the night conversations waiting for her pain medicine to kick in will be some of my cherished memories and her last journal entry stated that she thought Ryan and I were well suited and that she was sure marriage would come.



Picture on the top- I am standing at my grandparent's graves and Ryan is next to the tree looking at his grandparent's graves.

Picture on the bottom- I am at Ryan's grandparent's graves and Ryan is near the black car and my grandparent's graves.

Then it was off to Logan to see an excited Grandma and Great Grandma.


3 comments:

Anna said...

That is a very sweet way to spend an afternoon.

Katy said...

I'm confused - I thought Ryan was at home and you took the kids yourself?! You said on your last post that Jack ran to go hug dad?!

Amy said...

Katy- Ryan was with me for part of the trip and then had to return home to go back to work and I finished out the trip by myself.