Jack started Preschool today.
This is Jack with his teacher, Lisa. She is explaining the choice board to him. He is trying to decide between playdough and house keeping. (Housekeeping is basically playing house)
He chose playdough and was thrilled to roll it out and play. He could not be bothered to say good bye because he was having so much fun so we waved and said we would be back and left him to the good care of his teachers.
Addy and I both cried for different reasons when we left. Addy was sad that she did not get to stay and play. I was a bit emotional over the idea of leaving Jack with virtual strangers and hoping that they love the boy I love too. He is such a joy to watch as he curiously and enthusiastically embraces life and I wish I could be a fly on the wall as he enjoys his first day of school and I can't wait to hear his report of the day.* Jack is now home having some quiet time. He is worn out but had a great day. When I asked him what his favorite part of the day was, he responded, "I played." Sounds like a successful day at preschool.





4 comments:
Oh happy day! I've cried at all these big events, myself.
That picture of him in that backpack is too cute. I am sure I will cry tomorrow leaving Abby. Don't worry about people loving him...how can you not.
I think Jack was made for school. He will be a class favorite, for sure.
i couldn't do it amy, i had to keep my baby home one more year. guess what? 2 nights and 3 days in underwear and using the potty. he even poopooed in the potty. i'm so excited!!! miracles do happen. :) of course, it took me buying him spiderman underwear. what should i do with all the cute little white underwear i bought? ;)
Post a Comment