It really has been a great year.

Since my last birthday, this little girl joined our family. She brings me such joy each day. Her spontaneous smiles, giggles and kisses make my day brighter. Her easy going
temperament teaches me to relax, take it easy and remember what is most important.

Since my last birthday, he started kindergarten. He continues to teach me how to be the best mother for him. I am learning to focus on his excitement for life, sensitive spirit and desire to please. I am thrilled when I see him run off the bus with a huge smile and an excited story about the day. He's helped me bring a focus in my life on more spiritual things and to see how that blesses our entire family.

Since my last birthday, she started preschool. With her brother at school all day, we've had time to spend together. I am learning to make crafts with kids again. She entertains me with her stories, dramatic reenactments, and make believe characters. She's teaching me how to pretend again and use my imagination every day. She reminds me that I am not always the boss and that I need to remember to prioritize. Sometimes playing fetch with Addy the puppy is really the best way to use my time.

Since my last birthday, Ryan has done a lot to carry the family at home. People often ask me how I do everything that I do. The simple answer is that I have Ryan who supports me. He never complains when I have to dash off to a meeting just as he gets home or if I take longer visiting with someone. He steps right in where I left off at home. He teaches me to set limits. He reminds me of my strengths and that I can do hard things.
This has been a year where I have grown in so many ways. I would not change the experiences of this past year. I feel stronger in so many more ways now than I did on my last birthday. I am open to the experiences that I am having in my life and allowing them to shape me into a better person. It's been a good year.
Here's to hoping that next year is just as good or even better.
2 comments:
Amy this post is absolutely beautiful. You are so grounded and I am so blessed to have you in my life. I love you so much. You're frankly the best sis!
What an awesome post! Love to hear about your kids and glad you have had a great year! Miss you!
Post a Comment