Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Hello, Christmas"

It finally feels like Christmas at our house.

Once I started putting lights on the tree, Jack repeatedly said, "Hello, Christmas." I feel the same way. Even though I've been doing Christmasy things all month, it did not feel like Christmas until the tree was put up Monday night.



Monday morning, Jack, Adeline, Grandma and Grandpa and I all made the trek to a tree farm about 30 minutes away. It was warm at almost 60 degrees so it was muddy. (Far cry from last year's experience cutting a tree in the cold cold cold) Jack loved the mud but after starting to walk out into the trees, the pre-cut trees were looking better and better. We took the obligatory tree picture and then walked back to the display of trees and picked the first one we saw.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

we cut down our tree almost every year while growing up. I loved it! How fun for you all.

k1 said...

I like the idea of cutting our own tree, but in actual practice, it's not so fun.

So, nice job picking a pre-cut one and calling it a day!

Heather Jewell said...

I have always wanted to do that but was worried it would be too much work. This makes me feel better about chickening out again this year.

Deborah said...

Enjoy it while it lasts. You look very skinny in the top photo.

Anna said...

Yay! Hello Christmas!