My friend Kelly posted this on her blog and we listened to it. Instant love. Jack and Addy LOVE to listen to this and really get into it. Jack loves to really start dancing with the key change. He loves this arrangement so much that when we heard Taylor Swift singing Love Story while driving in the car Jack, disappointed, asked, "Where's the cello?" And really, couldn't we all use a little more cello in our lives?
These young men were playing their guitar and harmonica before the Hill Cumorah Pagaent. Jack was in love. He sat right down next to them and at one point even tried to climb in their lap. When I asked him if he was using his soccer ball as a drum he said, "No, I am playing the cello." Jack I will grant your wish to play the cello I promise.
This is Jack playing his "pinano" while watching Jon Schmidt on Youtube. He sings the baseline and other parts as he plays.
Here is a better picture of his "pinano" aka little piece of plastic that he found that sort of looks like piano keys. So I guess we'll sign him up for piano as well as cello. My heart is again leaping with joy. Music makes Jack so happy and I love to hear him sing and make music.So until we are ready for formal music lessons, we will continue to listen to Jon Schmidt on repeat, "the instruments" (as Jack calls them) on the classical radio station, and we'll check Peter and the Wolf out from the library again but most all we will dance and fill our souls with happy music.



8 comments:
Wow! Sign that kid up pronto. Impressive. That is so cute that he specifically wants the cello. I hope all my kids will want to do music in some form or another.
Peter and the Wolf is on youtube, as is a lot of Fantasia if Jack likes that too. I know a good cello teacher, if you were in Utah. Take care!
That is probably the dream of every musical parent. If he's a prodigy, get that boy started!
One of the things that brings me so much joy is hearing my kids play the piano. I love music. How exciting that he is showing interest so early!
I love the cello. I always wish I had learned cello instead of violin. It has such a beautiful mellow tone. I hope when he gets older he still wants to learn.
Amy Sweetie and family--wow, what a great family you have. I read your comments on Katy's blog. I miss you all being those funny girls with Petie the parrot. I will happily craft for you anytime!
Betty (Kyle and Addy's grandma)Kane
So unlike my Jacob at that age who would yell and scream at me if I dared to play or sing anything! It will be fun see where Jack's musical aspirations lead him over the years! What a sweetheart!
we'll be there at his first concert. :) i like your new background and your pics of your kids are always so adorable. i hope jack gets the potty training. it looks like he is progressing a lot more than diego. we've kind of given up for a while. diego will just hold it forever and when we sit him on the potty, he says, "i will NEVER go." he's so dramatic. oh well, wish me luck. oh, and good luck on your 5k. that is awesome!!
Post a Comment