Monday, February 18, 2008

Final Preparations

Ryan is working the late schedule this week so he is home in the mornings. Today we finished all of the last minute preparations for Adeline's arrival next week.
Except the never ending mountain of laundry . . .



When I got the car seat out Jack immediately yelled, "Baby."


He was really "helpful" setting up the car seat.


Here he is practicing his big brother responsibility of keeping his little sister safe.

What I was unable to capture with the camera was Jack picking the stuffed lamb out of the car seat by it's ears. That seems to be more like the kind of help he will try to be with his little sister.

7 comments:

Joanna said...

the laundry only gets worse from here. I love Jacks pj's. It's very exciting that it is so close.

Deborah said...

It is good that he recognizes the car seat is for the baby. He will have so much fun trying to make her laugh. I can just see him now.

Anna said...

Congrats on getting it all done! Denial or not, I think you are ready.

Amy said...

I'm no longer in denial. Now I am just excited to get to the next phase. I forgot that the really important preparations won't be done until Wednesday when I get my haircut and a pedicure. Then I will be totally ready.

April said...

I'm glad to see that you've accepted the fact that you're having a baby in a week. The nice thing about the scheduled c-section is that you can make a plan to get a pedicure and know that you'll be able to keep it!

Mary said...

It's so exciting. I can't wait to see that cute little girl.

k1 said...

yep, there is no turning back now! When we got out our car seat for baby #2, all w1 wanted to do is sit in it. I'm not sure he realizes that his life is about to be turned completely upside down...