Thursday, August 14, 2008

Family Nap Time

I've shared the wonderful afternoon past time that is family nap time. It is heavenly when we all get chance to fall asleep and rest before the next adventure. Before I fell asleep myself I went to check on Jack. Apparently Ryan did not make it out of Jack's room before they were both asleep. I tried to wake Ryan up so he could move to a more comfortable spot but anyone who knows how hard Ryan sleeps knows that was a wasted effort.

After I woke up I poked my head into Jack's room again. How either of them can be comfortable is beyond me but they are still happily asleep as I type. Notice their similar sleeping styles.


Ryan's been working overnights in the Trauma/ICU for the past month so he is always on the verge of sleep. This is the most time he's had to spend with Jack even if they are both asleep. Just 5 more shifts left. Not that anyone's counting:)

5 comments:

Anna said...

I said "awww" at the first picture and I laughed out loud when I saw the second! Too funny! Poor Ryan.

Deborah said...

I don't know how Ryan is doing that on the hard floor.

Joanna said...

those pictures are so sweet. I love the second one.

Kat said...

How sweet! How do you get everyone to sleep at the same time?

Anonymous said...

No wonder he can sleep like that! He could probably fall asleep in a chair!

P.S. I remember those days of napping on a toddler bed....listen-it's just what we do when our little people think they're going to try and give up naps!