Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jack's Silly

Jack is rapidly learning to recite all of his story books and will often finish the sentence for us. Having Jack fill in the missing words as we read is a fun game that we play with each book. He even finishes phrases and sentences as we help him pray and we are enjoying seeing some of the fruits of our teaching labor.

Sometimes he fills in the missing word with something unexpected that makes us all giggle.


He brought this art project home from our church nursery. It says, "I can prepare to go to the temple," and shows pictures of things that he can do to prepare. I read the sentence "I can prepare to go to the temple," aloud several times and then read through the ways he can prepare. After I did so I said, "I can prepare to go to the _______."

Jack's fill in word: the moon.

He repeated several times, "I can prepare to go to the moon."


Future NASA employee?


More Jack funnies:

Tonight while Ryan was helping Jack say his prayers, Jack did not mention to bless his mom, his daddy or baby girl like he usually does. He instead blessed helicopter, Thomas, Toby and James.

Jack loves to be silly. He often walks around saying, "I silly," while he tickles his sister or makes funny faces.

Anytime he does something difficult or carries something Jack grunts, "Uh, I strong."

Although he can say Adeline, he prefers to call her "girl." I love over hearing his high little voice say, "Hi, girl," whenever he walks in the room and sees her.

4 comments:

Mary said...

He is one cute kid.

Rachael Case said...

Both your kids are sooo cute! I love those curls on Jack!

k1 said...

I firmly believe that children, because they are so much work, must also be entertaining, and a source of mirth to us adults.

Looks like Jack is fulfilling his end of the bargain!

Anna said...

I'm a big fan of referring to children by their gender rather than name. Much easier to get it right.