Thursday, September 18, 2008

Where have we been?

We spent a lot of time in our car last week on an unexpected, meaningful, enjoyable trip to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. We survived the 8 hour days in the car and lived to tell about it.
Jack travels really well and his sister took her cues from him. They slept and talked to each other as we drove. Granted it helped that we had an endless supply of chocolate milk for Jack and double-stuffed Oreos. As you can see below, Jack licked out the filling and handed the cookie part back to Ryan with the words, "More, please Daddy."
Once Jack was released from his car seat in Sharon, Vermont, he ran to the first puddle and started to do a little rain dance. Let's just say that he had some energy to spend and ran up and down the hill.
Sharon, Vermont is beautiful and so peaceful. I needed both of those things when I got out of the car after driving 7 hours. I am glad we took the time to visit the birthplace of Joseph Smith and see this beautiful part of the state. It really is the middle of nowhere. I thought my parent's mission was the middle of nowhere but at least it is on the way to somewhere.

I'm pretty sure Jack is giving some sort of talk in this picture. Not sure what he was trying to tell us.

Again, we see Jack's energy as he dances around the monument.
You may also notice that he is wearing his pajamas. We had to get up early and get ready to leave so he did not get to have his gradual getting ready time. When I got him dressed in clothes he cried and cried for his pajamas and I said, "What do I care if he wears his pajamas in the car all day" and put them back on. He traveled comfortably in his pajamas and we were all much happier.


The missionary who gave us a tour of the site thought Jack would like to ride in the golf cart. She was right. Jack yelled, "Faster. Faster" and she drove faster. He loved it and I think spending time with Jack made the sister missionary miss her grandchildren a little less.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I have pictures of my family in the exact location as yours.