No chickening out next year. You must cut your own Christmas tree before you leave NY and return to the desert.
I love cutting down fresh Christmas tress and I think the best local place is Stokoe Christmas Tree Farm. We've only been to two places so my experience is limited. However, with that being said, I had a great experience last year. We wanted to go there again this year but they are only open on weekends and we could not fit it into our busy weekend schedules.
This is why I think Stokoe Farm is the best:
First, they drive you out in a wagon to the best trees. Second, they give you a saw to cut down the tree. Third, they pick you and the tree up and put it on the wagon to return to where you pay. Fourth, they give you free hot chocolate and a cookie. Fifth, they have a cute little country store to shop in and a place to order food. Sixth, there are little animated singing puppet shows for the kids to watch and a play area. Seventh, they give you a fresh cut on your tree, shake it and bail it for you and provide the twine to tie it to your car. So basically, the tree cuts itself:)
The place we went to this year came with high recommendations. But I was disappointed after last year's experience and did not feel their selection of self-cut trees was the best. The did have a life size nativity with animals that had displaced baby Jesus from the manger and they do give you a fresh cut, shake it and bail it for you and give you the twine.
But there was no tractor to drive me to my perfect tree. And really, if I am going to go to the trouble of cutting down my own tree , I don't want to have to carry it back myself:) And I should at least be rewarded with a free hot chocolate and cookie.
The tractor is worth the $5 more you pay for your tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow, a post all to myself?! Make me feel like a movie star, why don't cha. Thanks for the info, I really do want to do this and now you have given me the added courage to do so, and ripped away any remaining excuses. The tractor ride alone seems worth it!
Savor the experience. There are no places like that here. It's a $50 at Home Depot that looses all of its needles in the first week. We are buying a fake tree this week. Ugh!!
Post a Comment