Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Eve 2008

We had a great Christmas Eve with our friends The Duncans, my parents and a set of our ward's missionaries. (Dave Duncan and Ryan go WAY back. The stories we can and do tell!)

Natalie and Jack played so well together with their matching curls.


Ryan's family has a tradition to play the chimes each Christmas Eve. My mom sent us this set of chimes last year not realizing that it was a tradition for Ryan. So now we have our own set. You can see everyone concentrating on their chimes. This is a really fun activity and we laughed really hard. I'll be making posters of the music next year for easier following along. I'd like to see you try to sing, read numbers and follow your part all at once. It is not as easy as it sounds. I wish I had taken video. Too funny.
Addy did not get the hang of it.

Addy went to bed before dinner was served so here is her farewell picture. Jack wearing his new Christmas pajamas and reading our new Christmas book.

We love Russell the Sheep at our house.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I would love to hear the chimes. What a fun tradition.

Julie said...

How did I miss this post until now?! We had such a blast with you guys. Those chimes are terrific! The company is what makes it though. I can still picture us all instructing each other on how and when to hit the chimes. What a riot! Thanks for inviting us to be part of such a great evening. And I have to make mention of the yummy food ... brie en croute ... mmmm :)