Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The neglected child

While I was on the phone, I noticed that Jack was accumulating quite a pile of Cheerios.



I hung up the phone, snuck up on him and captured this shot.
Busted!



He had dumped part of the bag of Cheerios on the floor and was moving them from his pile into his transportation flash card box and then dumping them out again. Grandma Peggy will be so proud of her Montessori ready grandchild.


He had quite the organized system of piles and a full box.



Here he seems to be saying, "Don't mind the mess, Mom. I'm having fun and learning too!"


The aftermath.

And because the idea of getting down on the floor with the possibility of not being able to stand up again; the Cheerios remain as they lay. They await Jack's return when he wakes up. (and for Ryan to help clean up when he gets home. He is really good about that these days as he sees me struggle to move so ungracefully about our house.)

6 comments:

Deborah said...

He looks like a big kid in the pictures. He is not a baby any more.

Joanna said...

I agree with Deborah. He is looking so big. He is darling! I can't wait to see his sister!!!

Mary said...

I am glad to know that I'm not the only person who leaves the messes where they fall. You're lucky you have the excuse of pregnancy.

Amy said...

Mary- I would not need the excuse of pregnancy to leave the mess. I will never be crowned the world's best housekeeper.

Mary said...

I'm with you on that one sister!! It just makes me feel justified if I think I have an excuse. Does a good book or General Hospital count?!?

Anna said...

I'm with Deborah. He is getting to be so big now!