Monday, March 24, 2008

We're so Proud

Jack learned two new skills this weekend.

#1 Making yourself burp.

Yep, we're really proud. He was laughing at his sister's hiccups. When her hiccups stopped he tried to make the noise himself so he could laugh at the sound. This resulted in our nearly 2 year-old boy learning to swallow air to make himself burp. I was hoping Jack would wait until he was a teenager to perfect this skill. I guess he's just really advanced.

#2 Pretending to be asleep to avoid going to church.

Again, this is something we thought would happen when he was a teenager and not when he was two. Jack was all dressed and ready to go to church. When Ryan went to retrieve him from our bed, Jack pulled the covers up and started to make snoring noises. He would have been more convincing if he had closed his eyes and not tried to look at us to gauge our reactions. He'll have to work on this.

7 comments:

Deborah said...

You've definitely got a kid way ahead of his peers. Good luck with that. tee hee hee

Anna said...

I laughed at the story, and I laughed again when I read Deborah's comment.

Mary said...

That cracks me up. I love the snoring story. He's just perfecting the art so that he can sleep with his eyes open when he becomes a high council man some day.

Joanna said...

that is TOO funny! Boys are so fun!

Katy said...

Yeah, he's WAY ahead of his time. Those are both hilarious. I can't believe that he's already picked up the auto-burp! He'll be a chick magnet for sure.

Amy said...

My fear is that the first time Jack recites the alphabet he'll be doing so while burping. Now that will be a proud moment.

April said...

We will be sure to have him teach Adam when we get back. Scott can't burp, it's always shamed me.