Friday, October 1, 2010

Extreme Nesting

You might remember my old living room. It is no more.
We know have parchment paper colored walls, refinished hardwood floors, a lovely slipcover on the nasty couch and a new chair.


You might also notice that there are no toys in the living room. They have all moved up to the kids new room and are out of sight when I close their door. Blissfully happy is what this room makes me feel. Just need the new rugs, valences and some art on the walls. But that will wait for a few weeks.

We also refinished the hardwood floors in the dining room, entryway, and stairway and painted the entryway and upstairs hallway the same parchment paper white. (and when I say we, I really mean the nice people that we hired to refinish the floors and paint.)

8 comments:

Henderson said...

Looks fabulous...so light and open, and I love the floors! Just in time for the new baby. :)

Oh, and Happy Birthday and happy birthday week. I don't know if that can be planned, but well done.

Amanda said...

Wow, what a difference! So much light in there. What a great project to get done before baby girl arrives. Oh, and a Happy belated Birthday to you! You've got a big week coming up; I hope that you were at least able to enjoy your own special day.

Anna said...

WOW!

Mary said...

It's so pretty!

nvandermeid said...

Wow!!!! Looks awesome!

Jodie said...

It looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

Wow Amy! The living room looks fantastic! :)

Julie said...

I love that reading/baby snuggling chair. Looks so comfy!