This toothbrush is now in the garbage!
The good news is that Jack's teeth are clean. The bad news is that he used toilet water to rinse his brush.
The good news is that Jack's teeth are clean. The bad news is that he used toilet water to rinse his brush.

Jack has been fascinated with tour toilet for a long time. He loves to flush it and watch the water swirl down. Or if you're lucky, he'll walk into the bathroom while you are using the toilet and flush it for you. So helpful. Except for dipping Ryan's watch in the toilet once, he has not put anything in it or played in the water until today.
This morning, I let jack stand at the sink himself to brush his teeth. He wanted some privacy and pushed me out of the bathroom and closed the door. Now, I am smart enough to know that a 2 year-old does not need privacy and is probably up to know good. So I peeked in on him and he was standing at the sink brushing his teeth. So, I went to get his clothes from his dresser. When I returned to the bathroom I saw the toilet lid up and water dripping on the seat. You can guess the rest. Just to prove my hypothesis correct, Jack immediately dipped his toothbrush in the toilet and stuck it in his mouth. After I stopped gagging, I grabbed the toothbrush. Without a toothbrush to dip, Jack immediately put his hand in and gave the water a swirl. Good thing he was headed into the tub.
Bye bye Nemo.
This morning, I let jack stand at the sink himself to brush his teeth. He wanted some privacy and pushed me out of the bathroom and closed the door. Now, I am smart enough to know that a 2 year-old does not need privacy and is probably up to know good. So I peeked in on him and he was standing at the sink brushing his teeth. So, I went to get his clothes from his dresser. When I returned to the bathroom I saw the toilet lid up and water dripping on the seat. You can guess the rest. Just to prove my hypothesis correct, Jack immediately dipped his toothbrush in the toilet and stuck it in his mouth. After I stopped gagging, I grabbed the toothbrush. Without a toothbrush to dip, Jack immediately put his hand in and gave the water a swirl. Good thing he was headed into the tub.
Bye bye Nemo.



7 comments:
At least the toilet was flushed.
I am laughing so hard! Hard to believe that kids survive all of the nasty things they put in their mouths and grow up to be healthy adults.
I don't know if I should laugh or not. I mean it is funny, but so nasty. You need to get on my blog and there is a link to my little sister Liseanne who's 2 year old son LOVES the toilet. It is her latest post and pretty funny.
Ew, ew, ew! If you brush your teeth with toilet water, are they really cleaner?
Oh, man...welcome to the first of many. I mean the things as a mother that will make your stomach turn and make you wonder how children survive childhood. Our nasty list of things put in mouths includes a used cigarette butt found on a playground and a half-filled bottle of beer at a residency picnic. Fun times!
P.S. "All drains lead to the ocean..." -Nemo
That's so yucky!! My little man has done many a yucky thing. I remember being so afraid of having a little boy and my little Diego affirms my fears every day, but I truly love him. His latest thing is to unstrap himself from his car seat and to stand up and pretend to be surfing as he waves to the people in the other cars. I've tried everything to make it more secure but I'm either going to get arrested or die of a heart attack. :)
How funny! Maybe you should keep a stash of toothbrushes on hand and get a toilet lock.
Post a Comment